Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 already?

On January 1st each year, I've always managed to make the boo-boo of saying things like next year, not really realizing that it already is next year.

Yeah, so anyway.

I haven't had anything planned on my 2006 calendar yet, save for the Oasis Asian Tour concert in February. No, they're not coming here. They'll be in Singapore, which is only about a stone's throw away from here.

*Hint: They'll be in Singapore in February. Coincidentally, I'm born in February...

I have made a new year's resolution:

I need to gain weight.

Never in my entire life have I lost 4kgs in 3 months. And no, I'm still not anorexic yet. I'll let you know when the day comes, alright? So wipe those smug looks off your faces now.

On with it.

I spent a quiet NYE with Tania at Chili's in BSC. And we were so engrossed with our dinner (I had this chicken/prawn/rice/brocolli/cauliflower dish thingy and a beer and a large milkshake) and non-stop coversation that we didn't even notice the first few seconds of fireworks.

We decided to try bumping into friends at the Telawi area after dinner (when the countdown and fireworks were long over) and I was very rduely reminded, with snow spray in my face and silly string trailing down my back, the very reason I never liked Bangsar on the eves of celebrations.

Rascism aside, what is it with Indian guys attacking vulnerable looking girls who are without any male company? Does it look like girls will be turned on if you spray their faces with foam?

No. And I showed some random guy my middle finger while screaming obscenities at him. Surprisingly, I wasn't the only doing so. Tania looked like she would've punched this other guy if she caught on with him.

Perhaps I've had enough with street parties/celebrations/snow-and-silly-string fests on eves of holidays. Or perhaps I'm just an old fogey.

Perhaps I'll just spend quality time at home with my telly 364 days from now.

PS. My parents were attending a cousin's wedding in Kuala Kangsar and left me in the dark, thus, putting my plans to have dinner with them into the bin when dinnertime came and went and I realized they aren't gonna be home. Sigh.

2 Comments:

  • WELCOME BACK!!! wow u surprised me I just clicked on ur blog and was like 'woah she's back!' HAPPY NEW YEAR love...have a good one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:21 AM  

  • it's good to be back =)

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home