Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, October 03, 2005

My 100th post

To mark my 100th post, I've decided to honor a certain sor poh who's been bugging me to blog about her for the longest time.

She is special to me, no doubt. Almost all of my balai polis visits had been with her, anyway.

I met her in college shortly before I turned 18. She bought me "birthday cake" and with a few other friends, surprised me in the student lounge on my birthday while they sang Happy Birthday to me. She bought me a helium balloon and we traipsed around in the pasar malam that night, much to the envy of toddlers and pre-schoolers. We got balloon you don't have.

She'd dragged me shopping while my left foot was still swollen and bandaged from a sprain days before. And she'd stood at the other side of a very busy road watching, mocking me, saying, "Eh, quickly lah run across. A lot of cars lah" while I tried very hard to limp across and not get hit by cars whizzing by.

I had her teethmarks on my arm once when we went clubbing. I had been slapped, vomitted on, screamed at, had my toes stomped on. All in the same night. With her.

And then there was a time when she sought refuge in my house for a couple of weeks and was being pursued by a "friend" of ours. That "friend" had flowers delivered to my house, where upon acceptance, the flowers were asked to take their place in the toilet.

How could I also forget the time when, under the pretext of being drunk, she'd kissed the guy I was having a crush on, right in front of my eyes? Of course, that episode was quickly forgotten when we had a near-fight with that guy and his friends the weekend after, 4 on 4.

I've seen her pick men up in clubs, I've seen the men do the same to her. I've never agreed to the way things are done. And I even had to rescue her from the washroom in Rox once. But she could've kicked him in the nuts or something, anyway, even if I wasn't there.

There was a time when I "ran away from home" and she provided a roof over my head for weeks. I slept in her bed, because she was seldom home; away at her boyfriend's place, I suspect.

Once, I went home with her to Penang, and for the 3 days I was there, I was treated like a king. I was fed and I was fed. And then I was fed, right up till the second I boarded the bus that was KL-bound.

The year I got my driving license, she asked to be chauffeured to an interview in Summit. At peak hour. With my Mum's 4WD. I had to brave the eternal Subang jam, that dreaded roundabout with about a million cars, and then I even had to park illegally because she claims that she was late for the interview. I had almost shat in my jeans then because I didn't know how to park, whether legal or illegal. And then she took over the steering wheel, and I almost shat and passed out because it was my mother's car. But all is well and she didn't get the job. Ha-ha.

Auntie, I hope you're happy that I finally blogged about you. And I hope you'll be even happier when you see the picture I posted up.














P/S You know I still love you, right?

15 Comments:

  • WAHHH Great 100th post! Should have thought of this idea also. :)

    By Blogger Wimal, at 4:51 PM  

  • wimal> what idea? to kiss your guy friend ah?

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 7:03 PM  

  • Thats a great 100th post and picture to go with it... hehe... hope everything is well with you ah girl... regards, Daddy
    ps. pls send my regards to emily "tong U" for me hehe..thanks ah girl!

    By Blogger Benny boo doin' the doo, at 9:59 PM  

  • box 01> daddyyyyyy~ your tong U got new boyfriend ohkay. you ask her and see...

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 12:15 AM  

  • Serious! wats the meaning man! Does tong u hav a blog? i will go hunt her down... and ask her! i haven't spoken to her for YEARS man! hope shes doing good...

    By Blogger Benny boo doin' the doo, at 9:24 AM  

  • box 01> she got no blog lah. she said she doesn't know how to start one.

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 2:29 PM  

  • WAT THE!!!! haih! its oklah like dat!!do tell her that daddy misses her...and ask her about the new bf for me! hehe!

    By Blogger Benny boo doin' the doo, at 8:20 PM  

  • of course not kiss my guy friend. I meant the idea of announcing the 100th post. :D

    By Blogger Wimal, at 2:30 PM  

  • box 01> daddy i asked already but she pretended to be shy wor...

    wimal> you can mark random posts too if you like =) i think i'll start doing just that...

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 11:08 PM  

  • take that picture down immediatly. what if our relatives found out about it?

    - mom.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:53 AM  

  • anonymous> ha-ha. you're funny. try again some other day.

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 5:12 PM  

  • woaaa...

    By Blogger Meng, at 12:47 PM  

  • oh-jon> the fake mom is so not cool

    meng> wanna try?

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 5:51 PM  

  • WAH like that I wanna be your best friend! (Or her best friend...) What's so best about being best friends with me? I get lots of free tickets for movies and stuff.

    Though I must say, this picture doesn't seem as passionate as other straight-girls-kissing pictures. Perhaps because the others are a bit more obscured in angle. Remember, if it's a bad picture, you have a right to request for it to be taken again, to ensure the maximum quality of pictures for your special 100th post.

    By Blogger albert, at 1:04 PM  

  • albert> erh...it doesn't have to be that special...it's only a blog post...

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home