Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Mummy knows best

I was sitting on my bed counting my coins the other day. I was bawling and I had wads of snot-infested tissue spread around my coins.

So I was counting. I had about RM50 plus minus a few cents.

Then my mum knocked on my door. She asked me something but I couldn't quite make out what she was saying.

I opened the door and she stood there staring at my tear-streaked face.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm counting my coins."

"Are you broke again? Is your fuel tank empty? Do you need some money to fill up? Why are you counting your coins?" my mum asked as she looked at the spread of coins on my bed and used up tissues.

"I want to go on a holiday," I told her.

She stood there staring at the coins on my bed. All RM50 of them. She was silent.

And then she said to me, "When you're done counting, why don't you come downstairs and have some chee cheong fun with me?"

I went back to bed and counted them again. I had RM50. It was a good start. I can probably get a flight out next year.

I heard her call from the kitchen saying that the chee cheong fun is ready.

I scooped up my coins and threw them into my Heineken bucket.

My mum may not know everything. But she definitely knows best when it comes to me.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home