Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, September 05, 2005

Carry me home

I had the most wonderful dream last night.

It was surprising, considering that I had been crying myself to sleep the past 2 nights.

I had one too many beers in the dream. And as with all the other times when I've had too much alcohol, I was relatively harmless and extremely contented.

I was nodding off slowly as your voice sounded far away. I put my feet up, leaned back in my chair and fell asleep.

I don't know how long I'd been asleep, but you woke me up gently and told me it's time to go home.

I was still groggy and gave a non-committal mm-hmm as I closed my eyes again.

You reached over and gathered me in your arms.

And then you carried me all the way home.

It is strange that when I woke up this morning, my heart felt so, so heavy. And I missed you so, so much.

It is then that I knew, the dream would be the last time you carried me home when you're gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home