Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Those roads

There was once in my life when I had dreams.

I had dreams. Big ones. Small ones.

Those dreams would carry me to faraway places where I could lug a camera along and digitize my memories.

Those were the kind of dreams that made me happy, kept me going. The kind of dreams that made me hold my tongue in the faces of those who challenged me, those who put me down.

Because I know better. Because I had dreams.

And once I turn those dreams into reality, these people who told me I'd never make it would have to swallow their words and drag their sorry asses back to whichever hole they crawled out from.

Pity, those who are without dreams.

But that was a long time ago.

I'm graduating soon. A college graduate. A real one with a degree. One without any real experience, any particular skill.

I'm afraid.

That path that I had paved so clearly in my mind years ago, I can't see it anymore. And those dreams, I don't seem to remember them.

I had always wanted to be idealistic, to be the dreamer and walk down the road not taken.

But now that I look back again, I've walked and I've walked. And yet, it wasn't down the road not taken that I was walking.

It's just another road.

And I don't know which one it is.

5 Comments:

  • joy joy joy.. seems that you are now facing the dilemma that i once faced.. i had good advise.. it doesn't matter which route that you take, just as long as you get there.. focus on the destination, not the distance...

    i know these words may have been told to u countless times, but i hold true to these words and yeah it's kinda working out for me..

    take care.. alwiz taj curry if u need to talk =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

  • leo-chan> i so get you. but i don't have a destination yet, see?

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 11:20 AM  

  • ah... where would u like to go? where does yr dreams bring you? to find your destination is to finally find yourself...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 PM  

  • Joy oh joy, just flip a coin

    Life should be carefree.

    The road less traveled need not be the one that makes everyone exclusive.

    The road perpetually jammed with traffic however can suck.

    ;)

    *goes back to corporate sellout job*

    By Blogger iesnek, at 11:41 AM  

  • leo-chan> i wish there is a wheel with all sorts of destinations on it and all i have to do is to spin it and see where it stops

    julianzz`> the road less travelled sounds cooler somehow =) makes me feel like a rebel. but i guess i'm just a pussycat at heart at the end of the day

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home