Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, September 19, 2005

Toting lanterns a day too late

I should really get with the program.

And so should Josh.

Cos you see, we're always a day too late.

Like that one time we both wanted to take pictures on Wesak Day. And we were both so enthusiastic and geared up for it. I'd even planned what to wear (to avoid people trodding on my toes or me rubbing shoulders with other people's bodily fluids lah).

And then we found out that we were a day too late.

So Saturday night, before we left for a night in the dart pub, he said, "Ohkay tomorrow we go play lanterns."

I threw my hands up and screamed. In excitement of course. Because it's been years since I last played with lanterns, you see.

Then we off we went to the dart pub. Having some beers and talking rubbish with the pub owners and some friends who were there.

Totally oblivious to the world outside.

At 3am, when Josh dropped me home, I asked, "Eh, we're still playing lanterns tomorrow right?"

"*hic* Yah man..."

So last night, after our Sunday pasar malam dinner, we went hunting for parks and lantern processions.

There were none.

We were just about to give up and go to William's for a drink instead (with lit lanterns in hand, of course) when we spotted a playground dotted with candles and a few lanterns.

So he stopped by the road and we ran off into the playground.

I was snap-happy. Desperate wey.

Josh was having a conversation with the very few people who were in the park.

And when he came back, he said,"It was last night lah. People played lanterns last night. Tonight is for family wey. We're a day too late again man."

Crap.

Again.

This was what we spotted from afar. People lighting up candles in the playground. Turned out they were a bunch of kids who left right after all the candles were lit.

And these people were stringing those accordion-type paper lanterns in trees. Very pretty sight.

And this is how they looked like. They were the ones who asked why I was toting a lantern so far away from home and a day too late *sniff*

See, Josh looks like he's got a halo and he's surrounded by warm, holy light. Except I noticed that his halo is square after a while.

I *heart* my lantern. Is goldfish. Fat, fat goldfish with a blue tail and scales painted on with silver dust flecks.

He should just say "Gong Xi Fa Chai". Cos it sure doesn't look like he's saying Happy Lantern Festival to me.

I just want to post up more pictures of myself. Cos it's my blog. HAH.

There were no other people in the playground except us, so we could camwhore a little.

If you ever see her at night, please don't take her home.

Or you'll be in terrible, terrible pain.

This one's for the road. And more camwhoring. And the fact that we're one day too late. Again.

4 Comments:

  • A Photographer Gets His 15 Minutes as the President Requests a Quick Break
    Three weeks ago, Rick Wilking, a photographer for the Reuters news service, was in New Orleans taking photos in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a spa site/blog. It pretty much covers
    spa related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 PM  

  • Hi anonymous and anonymous. Thanks for dropping by...but how'd you both get here?

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 2:17 PM  

  • oh noooo...i can't seem to run away from spam, can i?

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 9:48 AM  

  • hi hi..can. Now blogger has the option for word verification. It's inside your settings-->comments tab-->word verification. :) Just on the verification. I kena spam also so now on the option liao.

    Ur tang long playing looks so fun wei. I didn't really play. Instead I was unofficially designated as candle lighter everytime my nieces n frens accidentally have their candles blown off etc. :P

    By Blogger Wimal, at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home