Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Second Chances


Cluster of bulbs in the darkness, some brighter than others, a little like how we are when it comes to second chances Posted by Hello

For all the times I'd secretly asked God why things turned out the way they did, I had shamelessly overlooked the fact that I have, in fact, led a very blessed life.

Every cloud has its silver lining. Things happen for a reason. God loves you, that's why He wants you to go through this; He's putting you to test.

Bullshit, I said. It's a whole load of bull that people feed me to poison my mind into thinking that I have everything going for me and I should be thankful for everything that I have.

Now, looking back at all that had happened in the past 2 months, I began to see some truth in their words. Everything did happen for a reason. And God did love me. I would bet an arm and a leg to say that He still does. As for the silver lining, well, it's there alright. I guess I just didn't see it when I was too blinded by anger and sinking deeper into depression.

I did a quick review on my life for the past 2 months, and I realized that I had been given many, many second chances. And that was enough to make me know that I am lucky, and that I do lead a blessed life. I don't know how many people can claim that they've been given a second chance, and I don't know how many people out there can never claim that they'd been given a second chance.

Me, I fall under the former category.

You guys reading this, thank you for the second chance. And thank you, too, to all those who aren't reading this. Thank you for believing in me, thank you for those second chances you gave me.


3 Comments:

  • You know what...I don't really understand what you have been writing all these while, but hope that everything's going well for you yah =) everyone loves you! just don't think too much.
    -weiling-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17 AM  

  • Yes yes *nods excitedly* Wei Ling, everyone loves me =). And things are going well at the moment =), better than before. Thanks for your concern yeah.

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 3:14 PM  

  • Heya Shavain. This is the reciprocal visit.
    Hmm, I can understand what you went through. I know it is tough to snap out of it. I was in hell past few months (b4 Sept), being depressed, losing direction, having lots of fear.

    And you know what? I'm feeling stronger. I have resilience I never knew I had. And I regained my long lost confience. Its a long process, but its surely happening.

    :) Anyway, just sharing my thoughts. Will drop by more often :) Take care

    By Blogger Resurrected, at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home