Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

A Taste of Heaven


A piece of heaven on our tainted earth Posted by Hello

25th October 2004,

My appreciation for beauty is heightened by the sight of the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen in my entire life.

Yes, that was real. And yes, it was Elaine's trusty Fuji Finepix that photographed it. Yes, it was Elaine who photographed it, in case anyone is doubting the origins of something so raw, so defined, and so...unearthly.

5.38pm we first caught sight of it on the highway. It seemed as if we were playing a peekaboo game with sunset. Dodge some trees, drive past some buildings, through the city smog and dust from the construction site, we wanted so badly to capture it on camera.

5.45pm we went up all of 26 floors of a condominium to watch the sunset.

5.46pm Beautiful. Breathtakingly beautiful.

I felt happy then. Contented, just being there, looking up at the sky. The tumultous storm that was raging inside me for the past few weeks subsided. Calm.

2 Comments:

  • *lost for words* Wow...what a beautiful sight! I wish i had caught it with my own eyes! Now, that's God's work for you ;) Send the picture to me!

    By Blogger Chin Hor, at 2:32 AM  

  • Words won't do when it comes to describing the sunset that day =)

    I'm glad you liked it. That's one of life's freebies, I guess.

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home