Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Monday, October 18, 2004

My Notebook

Last night, a friend whom I've been chatting with for a couple of years but have never met told me about starting a new project.

"Get a notebook, a small one would do. Each day, write about the things that made you smile. Nothing fantastic, just random stuff. And beside it, write a positive attribute for it. Like, "heartwarming, funny, pretty...you know, stuff like that. Do it for about a month or so, and you'll start to see with your heart and understand life a little better."

That made a lot of sense to me. Even before I got that notebook, I could start ticking off the things that happened during the course of the day that made me smile. Not one, not two, not only three. Plenty.

I thought of the journey to SPCA with Elaine and how we went on a wild goose chase. A few wrong turns, a couple of detours, a stop to ask for directions, we were finally there. That was FUN.

And then when we finally got there, I was truly amazed at the number of cats and dogs they had there. Nice-looking ones, mind you. Puppies, teenage dogs, adult dogs, sick dogs, pregnant dogs, kittens, furry fat cats, cats in the maternity ward, wounded cats...all shapes, colors and sizes. I felt this warm bubbly feeling inside me looking at all these animals. And that was HEARTWARMING.

Come night time, I attended my godson's first birthday party. He's such a darling that it's difficult not to fall in love with him. The feeling of having such a small human being close to me, so pure, so innocent, is, well, indescribable. I felt a kind of happiness in me that only babies and small children can give. I was honestly just HAPPY.

Seeing my friend heavily pregnant with another child, I rested one hand on her belly and I was pleasantly surprised by the slight movements made by the baby inside. I grinned from ear to ear. I couldn't speak and I couldn't even think. It felt like such a miracle to know that a tiny being is growing inside, and it will be here in my arms in practically no time at all. I knew I loved it already. Standing there with my hand still on her belly, it felt WONDERFUL.

I knew then that my notebook would be full in no time. Full of little things that would make me smile to myself, little things that made me happy, little things that only I would understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home