Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Dance in the wind

A few years back, I went by the nickname Wind Dancer in chatrooms. I thought it was cool then.

Today, I spoke to a friend online and it was only then that I realized the significance of the nickname I went by for years. I discovered that it was no sheer coincidence that I had chosen that nickname, nor was it just a name that sounded cool.

To dance in the wind isn't something that words can't describe. It's a little like being a dandelion seed. To be able to go where the wind brings me, to change directions at unexpected moments, to lie still when the wind dies down, to be picked up again and begin yet another dance...these are the moments when all complexities in life are narrowed down to being a dandelion seed.

Perhaps I will land on solid ground one day. Perhaps that will be the day I dance in the wind for one last time. Perhaps in my final stop, I will stay rooted and a dandelion seed I will be no more.

But today, I celebrate my dance in the wind. I celebrate being a mere dandelion seed, I celebrate life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home