Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Thank you, all

Dear all,

I know I have been away for far too long. But you know what? I like this extended absence. And, no, I don't think I'm obliged to tell you why I haven't been writing.

My 3 nights in the hospital had taught me a lot, humbled me in so many ways.

Now that I'm home, perhaps there is a lot more to life than just writing about me, me and me.

This blog had been a part of me for a good 2 years. So many pictures, so many words of comfort offered by friends and strangers when I'm feeling down.

But I guess all good things must come to an end.

And this is where I know, for sure, that I don't connect with emo writing anymore. That I don't creep up to the PC at 4.30am crying, blogging.

As much as the past should remain in the past, I don't think I will ever have the heart to delete this blog. I had always known that you can't just press backspace in life and erase the unpleasantness.

So this blog stays.

But I will go.

Perhaps one day, when I have trouble sleeping and I switch on the computer at 3am, I will write again.

Thank you for being with me in the past 200 posts. Thank you for your words of comfort and your random acts of kindness. Thank you for making me laugh and offering tissues when I bawl. Thank you for the days spent in the glorious sunshine and the rainy days that kept us indoors.

Thank you.

With much love,
Joy

14 Comments:

  • why so emo hun =) hugs catch ya around

    cyber-red.blogspot.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 PM  

  • saja lazy to think of things to write already =)

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 12:14 PM  

  • so... rather than blog, you'd prefer to just be an old granny crossing the road lah? ke ke ke

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:21 PM  

  • AWWW LOVE YOU TOOOOOOOO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 AM  

  • beng> shaddup youuuuuuu

    leo> yes yes =) love you much much

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 1:46 PM  

  • eh perempuan. nice meeting you the otherday.

    im trying hard to think, and i think the last time i saw you was at mingtean year or two ago when i ended up staying there until abt 5am and you dah balik nak tidur.

    heheh. old times.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

  • abe!> that was like donkey years ago man. you and ian were drinking FOREVER so takkan i sit around and not drink kan...

    but yeah, it was great bumping into you man =)

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 2:26 AM  

  • Well that's a shame, Joy! I'll be looking forward to your future insomnia then.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • jon> i'd like to blog, too, but i'm lazy with the camera and words don't come to me anymore =)

    meanwhile, YOU should be posting more often. muahahhaha...

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 2:42 AM  

  • a bit of a pity. was hoping that i'd get to read more.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 AM  

  • shavain :) take care! you know where you can find me :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 PM  

  • bodicea> who knows if insomnia will rear its ugly head again soon?

    resurrected> you made a comeback =)

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 10:54 PM  

  • take care joy. life is to short to waste it on worries. let the little things slide and just enjoy the good stuff! :)

    all the best and get well ;)

    xoxo
    meng.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM  

  • meng> so i'll let this blog slide

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home