Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Curly Luke

When I first met Luke, I was a little smitten with his friendly demeanour.

He was by far one of the easiest talents to work with. And he had never once complained about the insane working hours.

That was almost 2 years ago.

I met Luke again yesterday at Imaginex where I was due for a recording session.

I couldn't recognize him. Until Mei pointed him out to me.

And then it dawned upon me why those blond curls that were stuffed under a cap were so familiar. And those startling blue eyes, cheeky as ever.

"Hello," Luke greeted me as I sank into the couch next to him outside the pantry area.

The corners of his eyes crinkled and those blue eyes of his smiled at me before his mouth turned upwards.

I had to smile back.

He had the face of a boy so mischievous, yet it is impossible to even come close to being angry with him. Perhaps it's the way his eyes twinkle and the way they invite you to be part of the big secret, whatever it may be.

I should also mention that Luke is Australian and in his 30's. And, oh yes. He's married with a child, too.

Later in the day, I discovered that Luke is the musician behind the commercial I was working on. That would probably explain why he was settled in the plush couch in the studio.

When the music was played, I watched Luke bounce in his seat like a very excited little boy. He was singing along with his eyes closed and his blond curls were wilder than ever.

I tried to suppress my giggles.

It was over in 30 seconds.

I loved it.

So did Virginia. And Mei. And Choy and Riza and Zaid.

It had a campy feel and it was so young, so cheerful, that we all had smiles plastered on our faces a long time after we had listened to the music.

I haven't worked with children in such a long time. I missed the way they say things that make me giggle to myself. And they always made my day, no matter how crappy it had been.

Bumping into Luke again that day made me feel like I was in the company of a child.

And he so made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home