Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Sunday, April 30, 2006

How long would it take for men to discover my potential?

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Virginia asked me the other day when I was on the way to her apartment.

I sucked in my breath. And I think my answer sounded like a sigh.

"No," I said simply, dreading the conversation that was to follow.

"Why not?"

I shrugged.

I saw her nod to herself out of the corner of my eye.

"Don't you worry. Men took some time to discover my potential," she said cheerfully as I dropped her off at the guardhouse.

I did some thinking on the way back to the office.

Virginia is very attractive. She is also in her 40s.

I groaned to myself.

I want to be attractive now.

I don't think I want men to discover my potential only when I'm in my 40s.

10 Comments:

  • being attractive to men has less to do with external beauty, and more to do with confidence, kindness, and perhaps a warm smile.

    By Blogger vagus, at 8:37 AM  

  • point taken. but i've observed that nice guys always finish last.

    how did you get here anyway?

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 11:22 AM  

  • you're right. though i'm not a nice guy, and still seem to finish last. but i do believe in the simplicity of kindness.
    how did i get in here? i dunno. random clicking through links while sipping my morning coffee. but you're on my hotlist now :)

    By Blogger vagus, at 9:56 AM  

  • i'll give myself another 10 years of kindness. if that still doesn't work, i'll hatch a backup plan =)

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 3:21 PM  

  • remember our mamak session? we had a deal wut.. when we are 40 and both of us still not married we'll get married to shut our parents up!! ahahahahh! dun worry joy, you have lotsa potential. guys just need to get to know you better. you may seem somewhat "intimidating" at first.. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:20 PM  

  • but but...you'll turn 40 before me. so what's the deal now? you wait till i turn 40 too?
    anyway kan, i've been told i behave like i'm 10 most of the time, so i don't see what's so intimidating about being 10.
    you have a good trip ohkay. don't forget my chocolates =)

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 11:44 PM  

  • i dunno. girls acting like they're 10 scare the shit outta me :P
    then again i shouldn't be talking. i act like i'm 8.

    By Blogger vagus, at 6:32 AM  

  • i bet you were afraid of older women when you were a kid.

    if i had my way, i want to be 5.

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 5:41 PM  

  • nah. i don't mind older women.

    By Blogger vagus, at 5:47 AM  

  • but if you act like you're 8 and girls who act like they're 10 scare you...doesn't that confirm your fear of older women?

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home