Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I started this blog

There was a time, long before I moved to blogspot.com, that I took the anonymity for granted.

I could talk about anything at all.

Because the people who read my blog didn't know me.

Of late, self-censorship is beginning to sound like a dirty word to me.

I don't know how many drafts I have in here, never finished, never published.

Because I'm afraid of the people who visit my blog.

The people who know me, those who have seen me smile.

The ones who know what makes me tick.

The ones who know which buttons to push to open the floodgates.

The same group of people who know exactly what a drama queen I am.

And the weird thing is, I can't be completely honest with these people.

I can't write about what makes my heart bleed, or what exactly it was that so-and-so did to me at work.

Because they read my blog.

The world is a Friendster.

And I don't want their sympathy.

I started a blog because I wanted to rant.

This blog has long outlived its purpose.

4 Comments:

  • i hear u.
    look at my chatterbox.
    goodness me. need to start a breakaway
    blog. it has bcome superficial.

    By Blogger Meng, at 12:49 PM  

  • i think it's come to a point where you write the kind of stuff that you know people want to read, that pleases them.
    sad, but it doesn't please yourself.

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 3:11 PM  

  • it is so true. maybe i shld start a 'strictly-private' blog soon. all my lecturers read my blog, my HOD reads my blog, school counsellor reads my blog, and my partner is a staff of the school. now our relationship is a sordid affair in the school. i've lost my privacy, somehow.

    By Blogger Ann Marie C, at 9:26 PM  

  • hey sunnybaby =) i used to read your blog a few months back, then when i got a new pc i didn't have your blog bookmarked anymore. it's nice to see you again here =) i think i'll start an all private log sometime soon, too. this one here is tiring me.

    By Blogger Disco Ball Pixie, at 1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home