Just call me Saffron, will you?

generated by sloganizer.net

Thursday, February 19, 2004

I woke up at noon today. And I was feeling more than a little lost. It's the eve of my birthday. And it hit me that I'm turning 21 soon. Like tomorrow. And what have I done to help commemorate this special day? Nothing.

All of a sudden, I feel as if I've aged a decade or two over the past 2 months. It wasn't an entirely unpleasant feeling to have, though. At least I've decided to quit smoking. And I'm so much of a homebody the only thing missing is a husband who's away at war and a pair of knitting needles.

Lots of people say that 21 should be a landmark age in one's life. I took a look at the last of my "age 20" life, and I realized that every single person who had told me that was just pulling my leg.

What's so different about being 21 anyway? Sure, my parents gave me a car to call my own after spending 20 years on foot. But other than that, nothing's changed, save for the fact that I'm a year older than I used to be. And if, BIG IF, my parents do give me that golden key thingy that girls so love to wear around their necks when they turn 21, so what?

I'm pretty sure I won't wake up tomorrow with this silly grin on my face thinking, "Oh gosh~! I'm 21 already~!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home